The Finance Assistant will be part of the finance team, ensuring all reporting of the profit and loss account and balance sheet, is accurate and reliable for all Ashbury companies within the group. Responsibilities will include but is not restricted to, the accurate and timely raising of sales ledger invoices, analysing for completeness. Providing appropriate reporting to finance and non-finance stakeholders, internally and externally. Managing the credit control function, ensuring debt is kept to a minimum and any potential bad debts reported to the Financial Controller. Bank reconciliations to be maintained daily, and queries resolved.
Whilst the Finance Assistant role has these primary responsibilities, the role itself may vary from time to time, and support to other finance team members may be required, when necessary, therefore a flexible attitude and approach to working requests is a must-have.
Our expectations are that applicants will be from candidates who are successfully undertaking a professional finance qualification, which the company will support.
The role is home-based and full time, however, part-time applicants will be considered.
- Requesting PO’s.
- Raising sales invoices, credit notes and amending invoices on Xero.
- Resolving and responding to invoice queries.
- Designing and maintaining a process manual for the sales ledger.
- Allocating remittances accurately on Xero, investigating queries.
- Credit control management via Chaser.
- Monitoring aged debts and flagging with the Financial Controller any potential bad debts and cashflow issues foreseen.
- Bank reconciliations on Xero.
- Supporting the Senior Finance Assistant on invoicing and any other ad hoc sales requests.
- Work with the accounts payable and the accounts receivable teams within other Ashbury companies, and support as needed.
- Liaising with the wider Ashbury team, to resolve queries and offer finance support.
- Client reporting /analysis where required.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with any new activities, which enhances the profile of the finance department within the company.
- Supporting other finance members when they are on leave.
Skill Set and Experience
- Friendly, approachable, and flexible. Open to new challenges and responsibilities.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic, demonstrating a “can do” attitude.
- Professional, smart, and able to communicate appropriately with all stakeholders internally and externally.
- A quick learner, willing to take on new skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work against tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of Xero.
- Knowledge and experience of Chaser.
- Previous finance experience and working within a team environment.
- Numerate, logical with good IT skills, specifically Excel.