We are looking for an experienced Commercial Director who has worked in food manufacturing or compliance consultancy environments and is able to oversee the successful delivery of our strategic commercial plan. Reporting to the CEO, the Commercial Director plays a critical role in our Leadership Team defining and delivering our global strategy to ensure continued growth.
Are you able to lead our Commercial Team and be accountable for the successful delivery of all our existing UK and International service agreements, as well as drive the commercial growth of our business in existing and new clients globally. and own and develop the sales process, tools and execution of activity that will maximise business growth opportunities.
The Commercial Director will be accountable for developing and implementing commercial strategies in line with Ashbury’s business goals and objectives with the aim of accelerating business growth. You will be accountable for achieving the revenue targets and ensuring all client activity is profitable. Surrounded and supported by Ashbury’s Technical, Regulatory and International specialists, you will nurture existing and new client relationships, optimise opportunities and deliver against identified targets. You will work together to gain deep understanding of our clients’ existing and future needs and industry developments.
The Commercial Director will be accountable for creating detailed business plans on commercial opportunities. You will be accountable for the development and execution of the sales process and implementation of the marketing strategy. You will be accountable for building a professional, approachable team with a straightforward approach to delivering exceptional customer service in existing and new clients.
We are a trusted partner in protecting brands and their end-consumers around the world, through clear and accurate product information.
Creating trust: Consumers must be able to trust product information, in order to trust a brand. When our clients choose to work with us, they are trusting us with the reputation and the future of their brands.
By providing expertise: We are a highly versatile team of experts with a unique blend of manufacturing, retail, enforcement and commercial experience. Our clients rely on us to know every angle of the international product information sector, inside out.
Through collaboration: Our clients trust our expertise and choose to work with us as collaborative partners, to help them build successful brands. We work side by side with our clients to interpret and apply legal guidelines, enabling them to launch innovative products quickly and efficiently.
Our people represent our Values to our customers; to be successful at Ashbury you will naturally be:
Welcoming: friendly, approachable and open to new ideas, feedback and improvement
Positive: create a positive experience for our people and our clients
Confident: act with integrity from a strong foundation of expertise
Simple: you will remove complexity and bring clarity
The successful candidate will have strong commercial awareness, negotiation skills, experience of implementation and execution of a sales process, a track record of hitting sales targets, proven relationship building capability, be organised and a strategic thinker. They will have experience of leading successful account management and new sales teams.
Ideally the Commercial Director will have deep knowledge of the food industry and have experience of working in technical or compliance consultancy businesses. Understanding of product development processes, retail PLM systems and their approval processes is useful but not essential.
Role Expectations and Accountabilities
There are 2 main focuses of the role.
- The first is to lead our Commercial Team and be accountable for the successful delivery of all our existing UK and International service agreements. Success in this role will require you to ensure client satisfaction across all of our clients.
- To consistently seek a seat ‘at the top table’ – having the ear and respect of your most senior client and third-party contacts. Building confidence and trust within our client base to grow client advocacy.
- To understand the client’s regulatory, technical, and commercial objectives and how they relate to Ashbury’s business plan – financially and strategically.
- The second is to drive the commercial growth of our business in existing and new clients globally. To own and develop the sales process, tools and execution of activity that will maximise business growth opportunities.
- To have accountability for the commercial plan that will realise our new business revenue and profit targets.
- To implement the marketing plan that supports the delivery of the new business revenue and profit targets.
ACTIVITY / DELIVERABLE
- LMA – Leading, Managing and holding Accountability for personal and team performance
- Setting Strategy – Strategic plan for new client sales and existing client service delivery and growth by the Commercial Team
- Line Management– Set objectives and undertake 121s for direct reports (minimum 1 per quarter) and provide support for direct reports
- Managing KPIs– Ensure meeting existing client commercial and operational KPIs is managed effectively, and new business growth targets are met so that all revenue is profitable.
- Client Engagement– Maintain relationships with key stakeholders at all major retail clients and key manufacturing clients and develop relationships with new clients. This is to include key strategic partnerships who will contribute to the Ashbury growth ambition.
- Process– Define, develop, implement and execution of a sales process
- Client and New Business Team Performance– Set the standards and monitor individual & team performance against client KPIs and defined new business targets. Monitor client feedback and any issues, with the objective of delivering exception customer experience.
- Execution of Marketing Activity– Implementation and execution of marketing activity as defined in the marketing strategy that will support the achievement of the new business revenue and profit targets.
- Competitive Salary
- Enhanced Pension contribution
- Health insurance
- Death in Service benefit
- Home Based, with travel for meetings as required