We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, organised candidate who is eager to learn and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will need the ability to make decisions and prioritise whilst keeping up communications internally as well as with the client, other stakeholders and suppliers.
The successful candidate will be a positive and pro-active commercial manager and team leader; able to understand issues and offer innovative solutions at a strategic and operational level, with the ability to drive the success of the process. Ideally the Account Director will have knowledge of the food technical and regulatory processes and ideally experience of working for a supplier to a major retailer. Understanding of the product development processes is an advantage.
The Account Director must be experienced in dealing with clients and communicating effectively across all levels of the organisation. They will have excellent diplomacy and negotiation skills.
Key requirements of the role are:
- Responsible for the commercial performance of the client.
- Management of all commercial negotiations for existing or new services.
- Regular review of the cost-of-service delivery. Identifying opportunities to drive efficiency and improve the profitability of the service.
- Quoting, agreeing, and managing service delivery of new projects as agreed with the Client.
- Build a client partnership mentality, always seeking to consolidate connections between the client’s business needs and Ashbury
- Consistently seek a seat ‘at the top table’ – having the ear and respect of your most senior client and third-party contacts
- Build confidence and trust within the client base in order to grow client advocacy
- Proactively look to deepen client relationships wherever possible– networking, relationship building – professional relationships
- Build key stakeholder relationships with relevant Stakeholders for the Client, including the Graphic Service Provider (GSP) and technical system provider,
- Understand the client’s commercial objectives and how they relate to Ashbury’s business plan – financially and strategically
- Formulate and communicate client development plans and corresponding resourcing needs back to Ashbury HO
- Input in to resourcing plan across internal Ashbury teams
- Delivery of the service to the Client
- Manage the day to day running of all aspects of the service to ensure the client needs are met
- Raise the profile and reputation of Ashbury Labelling with the client, always presenting a professional, friendly and capable face
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the process is followed by the Client and its suppliers.
- Identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement, in the current ways of working of the Client and Ashbury
- Work closely & collaboratively with the key decision makers in the GSP and technical system provider
- Effectively plan projects to ensure that all volumes are achievable by all stakeholders.
- Identify any capacity risks to workloads and discuss with the Client as appropriate, as soon any risk has been identified, with potential solutions
- Identify solutions to resolve issues with projects and where possible ensure the impact these issues are communicated fully to all key stakeholders involved with the process
- Deliver reporting to the client, as to the schedule agreed with the Client
- Weekly update meetings with the Client to discuss the status of service delivery across the business, raising concerns regarding volumes, category issues and any delays
- Monthly governance reporting
- Ensure agreed reporting is managed in line with required weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI reporting
The Account Director will have line management responsibility for 2-3 Account Managers
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
|Demonstrable customer and internal stakeholder management skills||Ideally with major retailers|
|Management of varied workload within a fast-paced environment||Ideally within a client facing role|
|Commercial experience of negotiating contracts|
Skills, ability & knowledge
|Managing multiple tasks
|Proven Project management skills|
|Degree level educational qualifications||Knowledge of the Food Industry through work experience or a relevant Qualification|
|Highly proficient in Microsoft packages especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook||Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint and other Microsoft reporting tools|
|High level of ability to communicate in English in written and spoken formats|
|Proactive, motivated and driven||To be able to demonstrate achievement of high value projects|
|Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy||To be able to demonstrate this under pressure of deadlines|
Location: Client-based, within 50mile radius of London.